Sunday, December 23, 2007

2 months

So today marks 2 months since we said hello and goodbye to our sweet Caroline. No one could have ever prepared me for this and honestly if I could have known it would happen I am not sure I would have know how to 'prepare'. All I know (and I don't know much) is that I don't want to be angry anymore. I want so much to be grateful that I got to have any time with her at all. Even though she was inside of me, I still feel like I got to 'know' her, more than anyone else.

It sometimes feels like this all is a dream. I wonder when the day will come that I won't wake up with that jolt, that feeling that she is really gone, that I am really not pregnant anymore. I know one day it will start to hurt a little less, but for now I cover that broken heart of mine up with a smile and just keep breathing.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Our girls were born four months apart. And yet I bet it seemed like the blink of an eye for Miller Grace before her beautiful little friend joined her....

I'm praying you through this, our babies' First Christmas.