Thursday, April 17, 2008

March for Babies

Just an update:
I just checked out our page and I am totally humbled, shocked, and thrilled all at the same time!

Our total amount raised as a team is $4,771!!!! The original goal I set was $2000 and we have doubled it and then some! WOW! A HUGE thanks to everyone who has donated and decided to walk with us!!!We are going to have a great team! The walk is just 2 weeks away and I cannot wait!

There is still time to join our team and/or donate!
GO to: http://www.marchforbabies.org/495052

Remember that the money we raise helps save premature and sick babies. Before having Caroline, I was completely clueless to the fact that babies really do die everyday. Through March for Babies, the March of Dimes is funding important research to find out why premature birth happens and what can be done to prevent it.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

love it that fergie is playing on your blog... very uplifting

don't know if i will be able to join your team for the march of dimes walk, but count me in for a donation.

love you,
carrie

Roxanne said...

I hope you don't mind my commenting. I followed your comment from Nathan's blog this morning. I'm so very sorry for your loss, and so very happy for the love and commitment to each other that you and your husband found through Caroline. January 29th is my birthday, so I'm happy to share that connection with you, too. I will pray for you over the next months, as events cause you to miss her all over again, as we know they will. All she ever knew was the sound of your voice, and the comfort of the space under your heart. You were thrilled about her from the moment you knew she existed and those feelings surrounded her every minute.
If I can do or say anything to help, please let me know. (my email is my blogger name @gmail.com) I know your family and friends are nearby and love you. God put them in your life for such a time as this.
My husband and I lost our first baby also. We have a daughter who is 23 now. Truly, I have appreciated every moment of her life, maybe partly because of my loss before her. I'll be praying that you and your husband continue to heal, and grow closer to Jesus as you grow closer to each other, and that the memory of your sweet Caroline will always be a bond for you.