Saturday, July 12, 2008

Resilience

re-sil-ient
def.- springing back; rebounding; returning to the original form or position after being bent, compressed, stretched.


This is a story of resilience.
During the Easter season at our church, you could purchase Easter lilies in honor or in memory of a loved one. My mother and father in-law bought one in memory of Caroline. They planted it in our flower bed after bringing it home from church. Although it lost it's blooms, it was flourishing, for a little while anyway. Being that I don't have the greenest thumb, it eventually started to die. It got brown and the leaves began to fall off. So, I yanked it out of the flower bed and tossed it aside, with intentions of later throwing it away. Now it looks like this:

In the last few weeks since I did that look what showed up in its place! Not one, not two, but THREE new plants!




I like how there are 2 bigger blossoms and 1 smaller one. It reminds me that, even if it was for only six months, we were a family of three:)
I think we, people in general, are kinda like that lily. Just when you think you are down and out, conquered, and ready to give up... you bounce back. Thank God for resilience!

No comments: