Sunday, August 9, 2009

So long, farewell....

I have been contemplating what to do with this blog ever since Brooks was born. I really wanted to share his birth with everyone I had met while writing. Once I did that I realized a few things: #1 I had no time to write, #2 I don't have much to say any more, and #3 I don't like using the same venue to celebrate his life that I used to mourn hers. I started writing to express my grief during my time of loss and that time is over. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I am over Caroline's death... or that I'll ever be... it's just that I feel like I don't need this outlet any more. I am grateful for all the people I met through writing and hope some of my words were helpful to others in my same situation. I know that I needed this during that season in my life and now that season has passed. I will always miss her, be changed because of her, and remember the lessons I learned from losing her, but it is time to move on.

If you would like to follow our life in pictures, feel free to visit us here.

1 comment:

Emily said...

You and your daughter have been such a blessing to me. I'm thankful for your words here and to know how to follow you someplace new.