Monday, January 14, 2008

The Reason God Made Me a Teacher

Somedays I don't feel like I am meant to teach, like I am burnt out, but then days like today..... I know that I am doing what I was meant to do. You forget what an influence you have on these kids and their lives. Sometimes we are the only people they have to really 'be there' for them.One of my students wrote this about ME for an essay for the Carson Scholarship and I just had to share.
This is a hard choice to make because I have lots of people that inspired me in my life, but I would say the most inspiring person to me is my teacher, Mrs. Klug. She is like one of my best friends and I love her like a sister. She inspires me by encouraging me to do good work, not just tests and essays, but everything. Also, she is always there with me when I need help.

She is the nicest teacher I have ever had since first grade. I don't know how she stays so calm and cool in class even if we were being really bad. If she gets mad at us I don't blame her because my class can be very bad sometimes. The point I 'm trying to make is she went to college, which is my life long dream. She became successful in her life. She has a loving husband that she's going to be happy with her whole life. And they will be a happy family one day too.

Also, she's not only a teacher, but she is a friend to all of my classmates. I know this because everyday I hear kids in other classes saying they wish they had Mrs. Klug as a teacher. Also I hear people in my class saying how lucky they are to have her as a teacher and coming up to me and saying how nice she is. Now I think that is a good teacher, don't you?

She always looks out for not only me, but all her other students too. I feel something I never felt about another teacher before. I feel that she really cares about her students, and most of all loves them. Even the students that act up in my class, she cares about them too. She is one of the nicest people I have ever met in my whole entire life. She's so nice, sweet, and kind. I don't know how to describe her, but that's exactly how I want to be when I am older. I might not become successful, but I am nice and kind. Besides, I know that I'll always, no matter what I do, be successful to Mrs. Klug. She may not be the best teacher in the world, but she's the best to me and that's all that really matters because she's the best teacher I know. So that's the one person that inspires me. A lot of people probably wrote about their mom, dad, grandma, or grandpa, etc., but she truly is the person that inspires me. I love you Mrs. Klug, I really do love you, like you are a part of my family. Mrs. Klug and I are a lot alike and that is what inspires me the most. We're good at math and social studies. We're both sensitive, nice, and kind. It's pretty amazing how much I bond with her. I really can't explain it, but Mrs. Klug is my role model.

No comments: