Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Good Comebacks

I got the call today from the nurse at my doctor's office and my glucose test came back "perfectly normal"! Yipeee! I am so grateful not to have one more thing to worry about!

I subscribe to Parenting.com's "Daily Kick" and today the message was so funny and I could SOOOO relate that I have to share. It was a list of comebacks for what to say to people who say "You're so HUGE!" (Which happens to me quite often)

• "Yeah, I'm actually a week late and my water could break at any minute -- stand back!"
• "I know, I gotta start cutting back on the burgers and booze."
• "I'll try to take that as a compliment."
My personal favorite- "Yeah, but I'm going to lose 20 pounds in a day. What about you?"
• "Well, ya know, I'm growing a life. What have you done today?"

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love the comebacks. A student's mom said, "You're so fat!" Not, "You're so pregnant!" but FAT! We have a good relationship, so I looked at her and said, "You're so old!" Hee hee...at least mine will go away.

And YAY! for passing your glucose test. Mine's Monday and I'm desperately hoping I pass.

Anonymous said...

I used to say "Whhhaaaat? What do you mean, I'm not pregnant!" You should have seen the looks on the faces of those people. Maybe that's why all my kids came out being such teasers.